Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > i have a maxidiag elite MD802, and i can...
i have a maxidiag elite MD802, and i can't get it to link to any car...i keep getting a error linking code when hooking it up. i did follow all the info about checking my connections but the same thing...linking error...please help?

3209 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-28 15:59:17

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    suprmodel89
    2015-09-16 17:53:18
     i have a maxidiag elite MD802, and i can't get it to link to any car...i keep getting a error linking code when hooking it up. i did follow all the info about checking my connections but the same thing...linking error...please help? one last thing, i did uninstall ALL my software and reloaded all my new updates as well and still the same thing. My MD802 is only a year old i barely hardly ever use it, never been abused, never been wet or dropped and i am up-to-date with all new current updates.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-09-17 05:06:43 (Reply to:suprmodel89)

If it can't get communication with any car, please check the main cable, it is probably the cable failure. And also please check the car can be tested via OBDII or not.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    suprmodel89
    2015-09-17 10:56:09 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     Thanks for some advice & input, and yes, could possibly be the cable itself or the unit. I have tried my unit on several different cars and tried to use the OBD2 side as well and scan systems, and i am getting a linking error code with my unit. I am going to ship it back to Autel under warranty and let them do what they know well. I got a lot of money invested in it. Thx

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Vinci

2015-09-18 07:35:50

Just wanted to say I have got the same issue here, the unit is only days old, still got the display plastic protector on and all. I have tried to connect to several cars that are listed in the menu, but each and every time it is stuck at the point where it tries to connect to the car. It is brand dependent off course what responses the car and the unit gives. There is some response, varying from EML lights blinking a few times over, and/or the radiator fan kicking in, but after I can't get it past the "connecting to vehicle" part. It just keeps looping back to either a VIN number entering menu, or towards any other menu item I had just chosen.

I suppose there's no other option but to send it back as well...

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    lazyek

2015-09-28 15:59:17 (Reply to:Vinci)

haha I wonder if I got your unit, I ordered a unit a little while ago and it turned out it was used as I could not register it, before I sent it back for exchange I tested it on a Honda and it was giving me the same problem you mention, looping after requesting for VIN, never the less I got the unit exchanged and I am happier then ever with this one !
  Total1 Pages